Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 2


Well, Day Two of this Blog!  I still do not have anything too witty to say, hope I get the hang of this soon!  :)

Natalee, Lola and I went to Church tonight for our Craft Night and painted "Shabby Chic" picture frames.

I painted a pretty mirror frame and a shelf (pictured above).  I had that unfinished corner shelf for around 2o years, No Joke!!  .....I was at the class, had to run home to get something for Sarah, came back and saw that Jodi brought in a shelf, I thought, "oh my gosh, I have that cute little unfinished corner shelf that has been following me for 20 years now!!"  Bought it way back when I was in Huntington Village, and traveled to each place I lived since then....so I ran home, again, got the shelf and painted it, so happy, it turned out nice, both are pictured above.  Natalee and Lola painted cute frames and hearts....Lola also painted;   her hair, hands, face, clothes  :)  ..........

Well, this morning I spent time in Matthew 5....I really love the particular verses below that have to do with being the Salt and the Light....

Matthew 5:13-16
Believers Are Salt and Light 
13 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

 These verses are very important verses and are very self explanatory....I just pray that we, as Christians, take them to heart....let us NOT lose our saltiness or hide our light....However, I pray that we will do good works so that God our Father will be Glorified and that we will be Righteous Ambassadors for Him, so that people will Come to know Christ and give Him All of the Glory.  Lord, that is my prayer.

Good night all, May God richly Bless you as you go out and be Salt and Light in this dark world!

Count it All as Joy,
kathy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment